Saturday, February 4, 2012

The new and the exciting!

One of the most exciting things about baking cupcakes is trying new techniques and experimenting with new flavors. I am excited to announce that Cupcakey Cakes now has a fantastic dark chocolate cream filling and royal icing glaze. Also, two of my favorite things are cupcakes, and anything miniature. Consequently, mini cupcakes are one of my very favorite things to do - so don't be shy about ordering mini cupcakes in any flavor! If possible, they are cuter than 

Cupcakes are IN these days! Partly because of the ease in serving - NO CUTTING CAKE! And partly because they're adorable. I have recently had a few customers ask about how many cupcakes to serve at their event. Here are some helpful hints: One normal sized cupcake (which is one serving size of cake! How convenient!) equals approximately two mini cupcakes. So, when you go to place a cupcake order: 1 for each guest, or double the amount of guests for minis. Keep in mind, this is just a suggestion to make your ordering easier. If you think your event needs more of less of either size, please feel free to order to your heart's content! 

 Now, here are some pictures of the exciting things I've been working on. I hope you enjoy what you see - and feel free to comment with thoughts or questions. 
I always love getting feedback!

Mini devil's food cupcake with (new!) dark chocolate cream filling and the always delicious whipped chocolate butter cream frosting. 




Devil's food (Valentine colors for February!) mini cupcake with (new!) royal icing glaze. This is a really tasty option for guests who aren't all that fond of frosting. My mantra is "the more frosting the better" but I aim to please everyone! This is perfect for no or little frosting lovers! 


YUM.


Full sized devil's food cupcake with dark chocolate cream filling and whipped chocolate butter cream. I am biased, but you can trust me when I say, it tastes as decadent as it looks! 

I leave you with a sweet little quote I saw on Pinterest recently:

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy cupcakes, and that is kind of the same thing."

Thank you for reading, friends! 

Grace

1 comment:

  1. I would like to try them all, please! Yum! The royal icing looks awesome, fillings sound great, and I love red and purple together. You're the best cupcake maker around!

    ReplyDelete